Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Was called in to do some extra playing Wednesday night. Suits me fine since I get paid extra.

Anyway, sat on the piano, and played a mild touche in order to get the feel of the instrument and warm up a bit.

George , the bartender brought me my Beefeater Gin 'n tonic (I hate Gordon's) and gave me my first request (from him).

the bar was pretty empty except for a couple on the far corner, an older gentleman (looked in his 50s but obviously well off, as most of the place's clientele) and a young lady probably in her 20s and obviously not his wife.

I played something mellow, and low so as not to disturb them.

After 'bout 2 hours the older guy came to the piano and asked for my first official request of the night, and of the new job...an old tune (from the 40s) called "I'll never smile again". the young lady was looking into hyperspace and quite apathetic towards the cigarette she was lighting.

they must've spent 'bout 5 hours sitting, chatting, laughing (at least he was...she was surely faking it).

Anyway, I must've done a good job 'cause on his way out the old guy slipped a fifty in my tip glass...George the barttender gave me a sly smile both for the tip,and for the fact that the old dude must be cheating on his old lady since he was making his way (according to George) to one of the executive suites with this young flower...

Got out and drove back to the west island 'bout 5 AM. George told me to be alittle early tomorrow (Thursday night) 'cause the bar's pretty full and my repertiore starts at 11 pm sharp!

No comments:

 
Google